The Fan Supported Boingo Page
- 7/12/08 Forbidden Zone has been colorized! There's
here. It's going to be shown at the Egyptian in Hollywood on July
30th. More details here.
You can order the DVD
- 7/12/08 Richard Elfman has updated
http://oingoboingo.com and the
excellent information on
- 7/3/08 Danny Elfman interview about wanted
- 6/27/08 The Wanted Soundtrack
includes a new rock song from Danny Elfman called "Little Things" (Thanks Jimmy!)
- 6/27/08 Perry's Drumming Podcast has an
Interview with Vatos
- 10/27/06 Nightmare Before Christmas is out in
There's also a
remastered soundtrack with extras.
- 10/5/06 Danny Elfman released
You can listen to it
also a mailing list for more info. You can preorder it
- 2/11/06 Danny Elfman will be signing “Corpse Bride” DVDs in
Best Buy (1015 La Brea Ave., Los Angeles) on Tuesday, February 14th at
8:30pm. (Thanks, Orna!)
- 10/26/05 Interesting information from autumncon:
Danny Elfman has sent Salt Lake City's AutumnCon 2005 four
certificates for Oingo Boingo Final Tour Jackets(2 leather, 2
denim), the proceeds will go to benefit the American Diabetes
Association. If you pay for the convention you can enter the
auction to bid on one. The highest bidders will receive one of the
certificates which will be sent to Danny so you can request your
size and he can sign it. If you are interested then come to the
convention this weekend October 28 - 30 (charity auction is
Saturday night) at the Salt Lake City Center Hilton. For more
firstname.lastname@example.org and see our website
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland features "Who do you want to be
today?" Thanks for the pointer, Jason.
- 10/16/05 Added Little Girls
Tab from Justin Delise.
- 10/9/05 There's an interview with Danny Elfman from KCRW
- 10/8/05 Did anyone else catch Patrick Stewart singing Little
Girls on American Dad a few weeks ago?
- 9/11/05 Johnny Vatos Tribute to Halloween at the
Grove on October 29th, featuring Johnny Vatos, John Avila, Steve
Bartek and Sam Phipps. Should be a great show. I wonder who's signing!
Update: Get more info here.
- 8/23/05 The
Corpse Bride website has a music room. I can't wait for the movie!
You can preorder the soundtrack on
- 8/5/05 Sally Cruikshank is selling DVDs of her work on ebay,
including "Face Like a Frog", which has "Don't Go in the Basement"
performed by Oingo Boingo. I just bought one, hopefully more will show
up soon. Thanks, NoodleMaps!
- 8/1/05 I'm sure everyone's seen it already, but
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory has music written and performed by
- 5/5/05 A Boingo tribute album will be available soon from
- 2/7/05 John Avila is playing with
Mutaytor on February 10th.
- 12/17/04 The Official
Site looks like it's coming back with new content. Thanks Michael!
- 12/10/04 A
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory trailer is now available.
- 10/9/04 The
Haunted Mansion at Disneyland is decorated for
Nightmare Before Christmas again.
- 10/9/04 Danny Elfman did the theme for the new ABC show
Fable, a great new roll playing game for the X-box, was scored by
Danny Elfman. It's awesome!
- 8/29/04 I removed the guestbook. It just became a big
- 8/29/04 Forbidden Zone will be
available on DVD on 8/31/04! For a little more, you can get a
It's also being shown in select
- 3/19/04 Danny Elfman is doing the music
for the X-box game Fable
- 1/27/04 Danny Elfman has been nominated for an
Oscar for the Big Fish soundtrack!
- 12/5/03 Congratulations to Danny Elfman and Bridget Fonda on getting hitched!
Big Fish starts December 10th in some theaters, and January 9th everywhere.
- 10/12/03 Added Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
link (thanks Neo!).
- 10/12/03 A bunch of tabs from Kris Miller (thanks!).
- 8/31/03 Blender names Oingo Boingo #16 on the 50 worst bands of all times
with the worst album being Only a Lad. They're right next to Yanni! What's up with
that? (Thanks to James)
- 7/28/03 The
Bachelor Party is coming to CD from Superfecta recordings! It contains
the songs "Bachelor Party" and "Something Isn't Right". It will be released
on Auguest 12th. You can get it from Superfecta directly, or through
- 3/12/03 www.richardelfman.com reports that
Danny Elfman is getting married to Bridget Fonda. Congrats! If you haven't been
to www.richardelfman.com in a while,
check it out. Lots of cool stuff.
- 11/5/02 Disney is doing the Nightmare thing at the haunted house again this year.
- 10/31/02 Happy Halloween! Listen to some Boingo today for old times' sake.
I should have some updates soon.
- 10/31/02 Danny Elfman is a
- 2/16/02 The Boingo Graveyard is
temporarily down due to copyright issues.
- 2/16/02 Added filmforce links above (thanks Neo)
- 2/16/02 John Avila is playing bass for
Jennifer Nash. The next show is Feb 24th in Santa Monica (thanks Eric)
- 2/16/02 Dead Man's Party, the Boingo tribute band is playing on Thursday, March 28th
at a place called 4th and B in San Diego. Tickets are on sale at
Ticket Master, or you can save $1.50 by buying them in person. There is going to be a showing
of Forbidden Zone, and Richard Elfman may be there to host it (thanks Robert)
- 2/16/02 Added Dead Man's Party Tab
from Kilroy Blues.
- 2/16/02 Added link to
Rampant Boingophrenia, which has a Boingo radio.
- 2/16/02 Added a missing verse and fixed a typo in the
Private Life lyrics (thanks Peter)
- 2/16/02 Richard Gibbs cowrote the Queen of the Damned score. Doesn't
seem to be on the soundtrack... (thanks Jouni)
- 2/16/02 Added link to PsychoBomb's! Oingo Boingo WebSite!
- 2/16/02 Added link to Louis Wain site,
the EP kitty artist. I actually had a link to this site years ago, but it had moved.
- 2/16/02 According to Lauren, Richard Elfman is working on a new film
"Date or Disaster" with his new wife Rachel.
- 1/1/02 Happy New Year!
- 1/1/02 Added link to Beyond Insanity
- 1/1/02 I got the
Planet of the Apes DVD for Christmas. It's got an extra with Danny on
writing the score, and it's got running commentaries with Danny and Burton. (Thanks Sara)
- 1/1/02 Added link to Zokosky's page, the
author who did the
Dark at the End of the Tunnel cover (thanks, Eric!). Wow,
Dark at the End of the Tunnel is only $6 at Amazon! Pick it up if you don't already
- 1/1/02 Added link to The World of Tim Burton and Danny Elfman,
an interesting page about Burton and Elfman.
- 1/1/02 Added some new current projects above (thanks Jamie!)
- 1/1/02 Added link to Amphagori's obsession
- 1/1/02 Elfman wrote the main theme to
- 10/31/01 Happy Halloween! Have a good one and listen to lots of Boingo!
- 10/29/01 Initial feedback from the "Deadman's Party" House of Blues cover show is very positive. Vatos even
made a surprise appearance!
- 10/27/01 More
Vincent is going to be on Exposure on the Sci-Fi channel tomorrow (10/30). Check it out, if you haven't seen it.
- 10/11/01 More
pictures from boingo_freak.
Mikey reports that Danny and Tim have canceled on the Disney appearance. Sorry for anyone who made plans.
Yikes! I accidentally did some damage on the server. Let me know if you
see anything broken.
Pictures of the Nightmare/Haunted Mansion from boingo_freak:
on the Nightmare event and merchandise. Wish I was rich!
has some cool Dia De Los Muertos stuff including kits for making skulls out of
Amazon is accepting Red Cross donations
here. It's great to see how many people are giving!
The Boingo Graveyard is finally back up!
Mikey reports that the tickets for the event at Disneyland with Burton and Elfman sold
out in 4 hours. Oh well. The good news is that some new merchandise is being made for
[Updated on 9/10/01] There's going to be a Boingo tribute show at the House of Blues
in Anaheim on October 26th [other venues are not yet confirmed]. It's
$20. For more information check out the web site.
Exciting news! The Farewell Video
is coming to DVD! It is going to be released September 18th according to Amazon. [Thanks Mike!]
More exciting news! Disneyland is going to decorate the Haunted Mansion with Nightmare stuff! It starts on
October 3rd, and ends on January 3rd. Danny Elfman and Tim Burton will be there on October 5th. Definitely worth
Looks like there's also going to be something about Planet of the Apes next week on
Exposure on the SciFi channel.
Boingo Freak pointed out that MTV is having a show on the making of the
Planet of the Apes,
including an interview with Danny. It will be on several times in the next few days. It looks like HBO
has something too, although I don't know if they interview Danny.
Fixed link to Planet of the Apes to show the Elfman one, not the original one. [Thanks to everyone who pointed it out]
Added current projects section with info from lots of people.
directed by Richard Elfman, is now available on DVD! (Thanks Sara!)
Lot's of updates coming soon.
The Proof of Life score
is available. It's getting bad reviews because people are expecting the soundtrack
instead of the score. They need to be set straight!
Elfman is doing the score for
Spider Man! Thanks to Jamie for the info!
Word is, Danny Elfman will be at Mann's Chinese Theatre
on December 12th at 6:30 p.m. for the world premiere of 'Family Man', he
can be spotted on the red carpet. (Thanks to Jeremy Ford).
Danny Elfman appears as a violinist in
The Gift. (Thanks to Amphagori).
is a new movie coming with a soundtrack from
Danny Elfman. Click the link to preorder. You can see the trailer
Sorry I missed something cool for Halloween... Boredmonkey put the Leno appearance
I had some trouble getting it to work on my Mac though...
I've been out of touch with the other Boingo sites around, and Michael Sutor pointed me
to the Boingo Graveyard. Wow! He's got
an awesome MP3 collection there. It's the sort of thing I was hoping to get to, but
now I don't have to! :-)
Boredmonkey sent a high quality MP3 of Boingo performing Hey on Leno.
I've temporarily put up the old chords/tabs page here. I'll clean it up soon.
Consensus is that All the Pieces is Boingo. I have to admit,
I gave up after about 15 seconds thinking it was a Depeche Mode rip off band, but if you listen longer, you
can definitely tell it's Boingo. Breese says "ALL TO PIECES is indeed Boingo, from the 1983 sessions for GOOD FOR YOUR SOUL, the band was experimenting with synthesizers
and while the song sounds very different it is 100% boingo."
Added link to Nicky Matthews' Danny Elfman Temple
Chris Barker found the
Farewell Video at Tower Records online for $13.99. Pretty good deal. If you don't
have it yet, it's a must!
Kombiz Lavasany sent me links to Nightmare previews in:
Tom sent me a couple of MP3s. One is Hello Satan
from Forbidden Zone. And, there's All the Pieces,
which I personally don't think is Boingo. What do you think?
Stainboy is now on shockwave.com, featuring music by Danny Elfman.
Edward Scissorhands DVD. The commentary was pretty interesting. It has all of the
music during the movie, and then Danny speaks when there's no music. It looks like
there's also a
Pee-Wee's Big Adventure DVD with a similar commentary. I guess I have to order
that one too :-)
Special Edition of Nightmare Before Christmas
will be out in October. I love the special edition Laserdisc. You can also get a
with James and the Giant Peach.
Edward Scissorhands: 10th anniversary edition
is now available, including a running commentary by Danny Elfman!
- 11/10/99 I'm sure all of you have heard, but
there's a new
Anthology which is a good collection of Boingo over
time and includes interesting liner notes. It also has
Aint this the Life from the EP.